Monday, October 29, 2007

"Return to me the joy of Thy salvation..."

I'm sitting here this morning sipping my hot chocolate and getting ready to begin my day. I should be pretty tired--I only had about 3 hours of sleep-- but I'm doing OK right now. The reason that I was up so late was that I was reading. Usually that is a bad habit of mine that results in little sleep and an unproductive day the next day. Last night was different, though. As I was finishing my book, God used it to speak directly to my heart. In the midst of our struggles over the past couple of years (job changes, bad job situations, infertility, lack of church fellowship), I had allowed my joy in the Lord to completely slip away. It was almost to the point of not being there at all. I had moments in which I was joyful but it wasn't that abiding joy that the Lord puts deep within us. Last night, God used an allergory of the book of Hosea to return the joy of His salvation. As I meditated on the love that the Lord has for us, I couldn't help but let the tears fall. He loves us with an everlasting love. He loves me with an everlasting love. How can I not be joyful? How can I not completely trust Him with my life, with my future, with my desires?

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Isn't it wonderful how God shows us what we need at the moment? Were you reading "Redeeming Love?" :-)

Thanks for your question about yogurt on my blog. I'll try to do a post later this week after I've made a fresh batch.:-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Virginia!! I am a transplanted Yankee (my husband is from VA) and I have to say I do love this state!! It has many beautiful areas that are each special in its own way. We relocated a while back (job transfer) and are still church hunting, it is not easy to find the right church. God bless your search. Marie

Cherish the Home said...

Praise the Lord!!