Saturday, October 27, 2007

An update on my life

I finally have a chance to sit down and update you all on what has been going on with me. The biggest thing in our life right now is that Keith was offered a new job (Praise the Lord!) and we are now living in Virginia. The Lord has blessed us so much by moving us up here; not only do we have a beautiful home with a mountain (!) view from the backyard but Keith's new job is a "promotion" of sorts (but with a different company) and is much less stressful. Plus his commute is only 25 minutes one way! (That's much better than an hour!) My sweetie is now home every day by 5:30!!! It is wonderful.

We just moved up here the first week of October, so I am still unpacking boxes and organizing. These tasks do not come easy for me so I would appreciate your prayers that I am diligent to keep at them and not allow myself to become distracted by TV, the computer, or just plain laziness.

Something that is *very* exciting to me about living in Virginia is that this "Deep South Southern Belle" will experience snow for the very first time! Sure, I enjoyed the (very) occasional flurries while living most of my life in Georgia but this is my first time living in an area that gets snow every winter! I'm both excited and anxious! (And I need some winter clothes! LOL)

We are still praying that the Lord will open my womb. At this time, we are not pursuing fertility treatments. Keith believes that the Lord will cause us to conceive "naturally" so that is why we are waiting for now. This is HARD for me. I don't mind not pursuing treatments--I was never gung ho on that in the first place--but waiting on the Lord is something that I have never really learned to do. I realize that I cannot make this happen on my own but waiting quietly for Him to work? Not me; unfortunately, my controlling personality wants to rant and rave at Him for not giving me what I want. This is truly the ultimate test. I'm trying to praise Him, despite not receiving a baby yet.

I need to get going. Keith is working hard, trying to organize the garage so that we can park our cars inside. After all, cold weather is coming! I have laundry--and a host of other things--calling my name! Have a great Saturday and a restful Lord's Day!

P.S. Another prayer request: We are visiting churches. Please pray that we will be discerning and seek the Lord's guidance in finding the one for us.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Thanks for the update-I've been wondering how things were going for you. :-) I'm praying for you, Johanna!

Anonymous said...

Hi Johanna,

I found your blog through The Sparrow's Nest and wanted to welcome you to Lynchburg. I also noticed that you are searching churches right now. It's not an easy process, especially in this "city of churches." You are welcome to visit my church sometime if you are interested--Old Forest Road Baptist Church. You can check it out at oldforestroad.org. We'd love to have you visit!

Angela :)

Johanna said...

Thank you, Angela! That was very nice of you!